Let's update FreeBSD vs Linux vs Windows XP

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Sun Jun 26 12:09:19 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 09:23:49AM -0500, Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We've all tried advocating FreeBSD by showing our friends the
> infamous http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/bsd_flier.html comparison.
> But despite its excellent, it has lost its integrity because its age.
> Many things have changed since then, and on behalf of all those who
> enjoy advocating FreeBSD: It's time we bring the truth out.
>
> What do you all say? Instead of bugging Mr Murray Stokely about
> updating it, why don't we just update it in this thread? If everybody
> could contribute their bit of truth, I am willing to compile it into a
> nicely written (and designed*) sequence of TXT, HTML and PDF and post
> it back here. It is very important to get this situation straight.
> So we all know where we stand.

[...]

http://www.freebsd.org/marketing/os-comparison.html

Please start from the related sgml file, i.e. diff via PRs would be
appreciated.  Once the "final" version will be complete, we will look to
a LaTeX conversion (prefered way) and/or to some open DTP format.

Marc

PS: Please do not crosspost to questions@