Use send-pr. Use chat@.

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Thu Jun 23 13:47:01 GMT 2005

"Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" wrote:
> Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> >>I feel the handbook could be made clearer in some areas, but I
> >>believe it is good in general.
> >

> > ( This Not directed at sender above, so sender's name omitted, but the above
> >   is a mild example of much worse noise from other hollow vessels on this list.
> >   If it doesn't help practical advocacy, a posting belongs to
> >   freebsd-chat at freebsd.org , not advocacy@ , please more subscribe chat@ )
>
> Julian, since you go out on a rampage everytime anyone posts
> something on advocacy@, I just have to ask; what, in your opinion,
> would be ok to discuss on this mailinglist?

That which the list should contain as defined on web page.

> Clearly, improving the website or writing new documentation does not
> qualify in your eyes,

Not true.
However improving the web site belongs on www@ not advocacy@

If you want to write docs, Do ! & Submit them with send-pr. Get busy :-)

> so Im kind of curious on exactly how you
> define advocacy?

> FreeBSD.org describes advocacy@ as:
> "Furthering the Use of FreeBSD
> Share ideas and plan to increase the number of companies and
> individuals using FreeBSD".

Fine

> The original poster had an idea that he thought could increase the
> number of FreeBSD users, as well as allowing it to target new
> usergroups. If that does not fit the description, I dont know what does.

Topics drift. Respondents drift.
Many writers clearly have no intention of doing anything but chatting.
Preaching to the choir is not useful.
Organising external advocacy is useful.

-
Julian Stacey     Consultant Systems Engineer, Munich.     http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.