Fleas & Negative Review of FreeBSD 5.4

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Tue Jun 14 04:48:09 GMT 2005

Hi,

M. Goodell wrote:
> Mr Dollansky, I would hope you are not trolling in here to advocate the use of Linux as some "magic bullet" and answer to all of our server problems. What I meant by the statement "all dogs have fleas" is that there is no magic bullet - no, not even Linux.

This formal on this mailing list?

No I am not trolling. I am serious, but in a different direction as you
think.

Linux is not a solution for me, Linux is a problem.

> My company must go with what I have seen for myself and that is rock solid stability and performance of FreeBSD.

FreeBSD is, compared to other operating system stable. But it still has
fleas. Those fleas go pretty fast.

Compare the time it takes to get problems fixed in other environments
with the time it takes to get it fixed by the FreeBSD people.

I also have a dog. This dog also has fleas. But they go pretty fast.
Just like at FreeBSD.

Erich