Fleas & Negative Review of FreeBSD 5.4

M. Goodell freebsdutah at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 04:38:36 GMT 2005

Mr Dollansky, I would hope you are not trolling in here to advocate the use of Linux as some "magic bullet" and answer to all of our server problems. What I meant by the statement "all dogs have fleas" is that there is no magic bullet - no, not even Linux.

Would you perhaps like to point out for me a flavor of Linux that is free of *little problems*? I'd love to see it and use it. I don't think you or anyone else can do that. The fact is that trading one OS for another is trading one set of *little problems* for another set of *little problems*

My company must go with what I have seen for myself and that is rock solid stability and performance of FreeBSD.

- M Goodell