Rework of the FreeBSD website[was:FreeBSD'sVisualIdentity:Outdated?]

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Mon Feb 14 01:12:30 PST 2005

Nikolas Britton wrote:

> Chris Zumbrunn wrote:
>

>> The point of all these logos was to show that while it would be
>> possible to go in that typical "more corporate" direction, ultimately
>> no such logo can beat Beastie. Here are some more...
>>
>> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freecrap5.gif
>> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freecrap4.gif
>

> I like 4... Can you humor me and make some mockups of some of the
> layouts here? (I'm useless without photoshop and now that I run 100%
> BSD at home I don't have it, until I get wine/ps working):
> http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/freebsdlogos1.png

umm here's the best I can do with GIMP...
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/newlogo1_c.png
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/newlogo1_gs.png

Here's what it would look like on your new site and the (slightly
modified) old (current) site.
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/newsite/freebsdweb1h.html
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/oldsite/oldsite.html

I think the horns maybe need to be 15% smaller and the tips rounded.