Rework of the FreeBSD website [was:FreeBSD'sVisualIdentity:Outdated?]

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Sun Feb 13 12:27:02 PST 2005

Chris Zumbrunn writes:

>I've updated the html based mockups to incorporate changes I made
>resulting from the recent discussions (mainly on the advocacy list).
>
>http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1h.html
>http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb2h.html

I see you've been pugging way at it sense your last post on www, I like
even more then before... but still, respectfully, I don't like your
logo(s)  :-) and here's why (constructive criticism):

*FreeBSD is FreeBSD not FREEBSD. Also "FreeBSD" is trademarked the other
is not.

*beastie.gif, the beastie in this logo looks disturbed and threatening.
I get anxious and agitated when I look at him, make him more happy,
playful, cute, etc.... http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/glenda.html

*freehorns.gif, looks like a Viking helmet.

*freehornsntail.gif, looks like a Viking with a pointy tail.

freehorns2.gif and freehornsntail2.gif are the ones I like most out of
the bunch.