Logo Contest

Shawn Harrison harrison at tbc.net
Thu Feb 10 11:37:11 PST 2005

Astrodog wrote [02/10/05 11:46 AM]:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:29:48 -0600, Shawn Harrison <harrison at tbc.net> wrote:
>>
>>Someone with artistic skill needs to make some stylized horns.
>>

> I suppose my point would be that the effort that will go into the
> logo, and even into this whole discussion, might be better placed,
> atleast from those interested in doing it. Check the other thread on
> this list, re: Business Information if that's something you wanna do,
> I suppose.
>
> --- Harrison Grundy

The DTP / marketing information pieces that you guys have been talking
about are excellent ideas, as is freebsd.com.

There's room for all of it.

In fact, this logo / mascot / religion* / professional / business thing
has brought out a lot of good discussion in the past couple of days.*
That leaked announcement might be the best thing that's happened for
freebsd-advocacy@ in a long time. (Certainly, those who are working on
that announcement have gotten the editorial feedback they need to make a
final draft for the public!)

(* except for the religion-bashing from some and the responses to that
from others, both of which seem entirely beside the point and
unconstructive. OTOH, it _was_ the first rationale in the leaked
announcement. And human beings can never fully put aside their own
beliefs / "religion" in any situation, nor should they, which makes it
necessary to be patient with one another).
--
harrison at tbc.net