A few words about the logo change

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Thu Feb 10 04:28:04 PST 2005

Hi,

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> In 2000 as many of you know I got a book published titled
> "The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide"  This book (and website)

This book is in the next room.

> Using the logo obviously meant that there would be some people

> FreeBSD Unleashed

I also have that book, but I did not realise until now that one has a
logo and the other one doesn't.

I can only speak for me here, when I chose things for work I do not go
by all this eye catching things.

> exists with having the word "Free" in the name of the operating

This is a real problem. I just talk about BSD when I talk about FreeBSD
after realising the problem.

Erich