advocacy/84719: [NEW PORT] devel/libnotify: desktop notification library

Andreas Kohn andreas at syndrom23.de
Tue Aug 9 21:00:35 GMT 2005

>Number:         84719
>Category:       advocacy
>Synopsis:       [NEW PORT] devel/libnotify: desktop notification library
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

System: FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #11: Wed Jul 20 20:13:51 CEST 2005
    root at klamath.syndrom23.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KLAMATH

The Desktop Notifications framework provides a standard way of doing passive pop-up notifications on the Linux desktop. These are designed to notify the user of something without interrupting their work with a dialog box that they must close. Passive popups can automatically disappear after a short period of time.

This project consists of a specification (http://www.galago.info/specs/notification/index.php) and a reference implementation (libnotify and notification-daemon).

(see also related pr for deskutils/notification-daemon)

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

--- libnotify.shar begins here ---
# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	libnotify/
#	libnotify/Makefile
#	libnotify/distinfo
#	libnotify/pkg-descr
#	libnotify/pkg-plist
#
echo c - libnotify/
mkdir -p libnotify/ > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - libnotify/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >libnotify/Makefile << 'END-of-libnotify/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:		libnotify
X# Date created:								2005-08-06
X# Whom:										Andreas Kohn <andreas at syndrom23.de>
X#
X# $Id$
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=		libnotify
XPORTVERSION=	0.2.1
XCATEGORIES=		devel gnome
XMASTER_SITES=	http://www.galago.info/files/releases/source/
XMAINTAINER=		andreas at syndrom23.de
XCOMMENT=		A library for desktop notifications
XLIB_DEPENDS=	dbus-1.1:${PORTSDIR}/devel/dbus \
X				popt.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/popt
XUSE_GNOME=		gnomehack gnomeprefix gnometarget intlhack glib20
XGNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
XUSE_GMAKE=		yes
XUSE_LIBTOOL_VER=15
XINSTALLS_SHLIB=	notify.0
XCONFIGURE_ENV=	CPPFLAGS="-I${LOCALBASE}/include" LDFLAGS="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib"
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-libnotify/Makefile
echo x - libnotify/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >libnotify/distinfo << 'END-of-libnotify/distinfo'
XMD5 (libnotify-0.2.1.tar.gz) = 8c66c7ece5a6387d2391f9c2f5beb1ce
XSIZE (libnotify-0.2.1.tar.gz) = 316429
END-of-libnotify/distinfo
echo x - libnotify/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >libnotify/pkg-descr << 'END-of-libnotify/pkg-descr'
XThe Desktop Notifications framework provides a standard way of doing passive
Xpop-up notifications on the desktop. These are designed to notify the
Xuser of something without interrupting their work with a dialog box that they
Xmust close. Passive popups can automatically disappear after a short period
Xof time.
XThis port contains the only library and a small command line client.
XSee deskutils/notification-daemon for the daemon.
XWWW: http://www.galago.info/specs/notification/index.php
END-of-libnotify/pkg-descr
echo x - libnotify/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >libnotify/pkg-plist << 'END-of-libnotify/pkg-plist'
Xbin/notify-send
Xinclude/libnotify/notify.h
Xlib/libnotify.a
Xlib/libnotify.so