Advocacy on ZDNet

Michal Pasternak michal at pasternak.w.lub.pl
Tue Mar 30 04:56:57 PST 2004

Charon [Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 08:47:22PM +0800]:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 01:42:25PM +0200, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry, but you're totally full of shit.
>
> 	You and I both know this guy is full of shit but I can't come
> 	out and say that. Abusive ad hominem is the weakest possible
> 	way of dealing with this kind of FUD.

Mr. "Charon",

I am very sorry to say this, but I think, that you're trolling.

About "commercial vendors and FreeBSD", well, there's one small company
called "Apple", which does a thingie called "MacOS X". Are you (or is that
zdnet troll) one of people, who belive it is Linux based?

About "64-CPU boxes"... well, I'd consider buing 4 16-CPU ones and giving
them to 4 most active kernel hackers. I strongly belive results would come
faster, than you may expect.

That's all.

> 	The trick is to convince the zdnet readers of that in a way
> 	that doesnt require going into OS details. As far as the audience
> 	is concerned hes a tech making a valid point.

Perhaps that guy has some valid points, only he doesn't say about them
specifically; instead he keeps on bashing the whole project. That could also
be called "trolling". Feed him, if you want.

Take care,