Desktop FreeBSD

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 11:09:02 PST 2004

I thought we are talking about
> desktops
> > for ordinary computer users and useability issues for
> people, who are
> > only interested in getting their job done (and, who are
> *not*
> > interested in learning more about computers, than they
> really have).

I'd like a little clarification.  Are you guys/gals interested
in desktop penetration in the workplace or in the home?  Those
functions overlap but are quite different.  For work I require
Visio, Lookout for email and a Nortel VPN client that keep me
chained to windows.  For my home it is more like video
games+graphics drivers and a little bit of Photoshop and other
randomness that is just very easy to accomplish on windows.

So where is the thrust?

PS, personal attacks have no place in an intelligent exchange of
ideas.  Attack the argument, not the person.

=====