FreeBSD Most wanted

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Mar 5 14:18:06 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, John Martinez wrote:

> Oh, you're talking about everything I use Mac OS X for. Things like
> iTunes, Final Cut, Photoshop and the like?
>
> I love FreeBSD, but the applications it runs need a little catching up
> to do if it wants to compete with its cousin. On that sort of desktop,
> anyway.

How much did iTunes, Final Cut, and Photoshop cost?

Maybe if those who pay for this software sent funds to open source
developers, equivalents can be improved.

I have used Photoshop in the past for basic tasks and I have found Gimp to
perform as well as I need.

I have heard good things about iTunes and Final Cut, but have not used.
What open source software are their closest alternatives?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/