training (was Resourceful BSD/Linux Network Administrator)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Jul 3 18:52:45 PDT 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Wes Peters wrote:

> such accreditation*.  I now of several Linux training programs that are
> widely accepted in Linux circles but mean nothing to the average "HR
> Professional" in the USA because they're not certified or accreditated
> or anything like that.  The Red Hat courses get some acceptance because
> they're at least "vendor" coursework.

I am meeting with LPI at the end of this month. LPI has "Linux" in their
name, but they hope to focus not specifically on Linux, but more on
certification for open source software, like Apache, LAMP, Perl, etc.

I will be talking with them about Apache mainly, but also be discussing
*BSD certifications. And discussion working with them to run a job task
analysis.

By the way, I'm teaching a FreeBSD class in Seattle in a couple weeks.
http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/