Netcraft says...

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Sun Jan 11 16:06:28 PST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Matt Olander wrote:

> in a similar vein, I have a meeting with top Oracle executives next week to
> present our case for developing and supporting a native version of
> Oracle on FreeBSD. when I contacted Larry Ellison a few weeks ago,
> Oracle seemed quite interested and responded immediately.

Now _this_ would be absolutely wonderful!

When I contacted local Oracle reps about a native version, I just got the
reply to try the Linux version under emulation... (at least someone knows
how to google).

Good luck for that meeting! Keep us up to date how it went.

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Vienna University Computer Center      Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
University of Vienna                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/