FreeBSD Today

Joao Schim joao at bowtie.nl
Thu Jan 8 01:15:53 PST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:37:50 -0800
"Peter Kieser" <pfak at telus.net> wrote:

> We don't need an installation program like Redhat, that'd make me change
> from FreeBSD like a burning ant. That's one thing that I like about
> FreeBSD, is it's easy installation process, that will start on any
> computer, and doesn't take two hours to do.

I think you meant the term  "I don't need ..."
The fact a lot of people dont need it does in no way mean we should
not provide a way to enable such an interface. There's a lot of
people who actually WOULD enjoy it.

Another reason i get from some people not to use FreeBSD is that
it does not support multiple languages. But i personally dont see
that as a problem at all. I know i must have looked very scary when
i saw "Opdracht kan niet uitgevoerd worden" for the first time in
one of the  linux distros..  brrrr   :)

Regards,

Joao