BSD Certification ? Why not?

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Wed Dec 29 19:30:26 PST 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 12:23 pm, pablo.delgado at lsi.mine.nu wrote:
> Why not create a FreeBSD Certification Program. The community can
> form an non profit or profit organization (which ever suites best)
> and team (elected by the FreeBSD Foundation or the FreeBSD community,
> which ever works best) to design, develop and manage a certification
> program that will teach and test essential skills and knowledge
> needed to manage, support or develop the FreeBSD environment.

There is one at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
http://cpe.njit.edu/opensourceunix/

It's the only one I know of, and it's the only one officially approved
by the FreeBSD team. As that is the case, I'm sure more people doing
this would be welcome, but I don't speak for FreeBSD or what they might
actually want to have happen.

- jt