BSD Success Stories

Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg listsub at 401.cx
Thu Apr 1 01:12:52 PST 2004

Dru wrote:
> O'Reilly is in the process of creating a "BSD Success Stories" booklet to
> be given away at trade shows, conferences, etc. For those of you who are
> familiar with the "Perl Success Stories", it will be following a similar
> format. You can get an idea of the types of stories at:
>
> 	http://perl.oreilly.com/news/success_stories.html
>
> If anyone is interested in contributing a success story, please contact
> chromatic at oreilly.com. If we can get five or six fairly quickly, there's a
> good chance the booklets will be ready for BSDCan (www.bsdcan.org) :-)
>
> Dru

Do we have anyone at Yahoo! that could write something up for us?
Yahoo! must without doubt be one of the biggest feathers in
FreeBSD's hat.

I know that distributed.net runs FreeBSD. It would be nice to have
something from them that shows that BSD can handle massive SQL
databases for those that like that. I know that a lot of people for
some reason turns to linux/MySQL when it comes to databases. Showing
that a project like distributed.net with their huge databases uses
FreeBSD should convince atleast some people to take another look at BSD.

Does anyone know anyone inside Yahoo! or distributed.net?