FreeBSD as a desktop OS was Re: Sorry

Mike Hoskins mike at adept.org
Thu Sep 18 15:35:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Johnson David wrote:
> > So if we combine X with FreeBSD we've got a desktop OS :)
> I'm using FreeBSD + XFree86 + KDE as my primary desktop at work and at
> home. But no one believes me. Even when they see me calmly working at
> my desk they don't believe me.

let me guess -- they have pointy hair too.  ;)

seriously...  for anyone that's doubtful (surely no one here), FreeBSD
makes a great desktop OS.  more apps and utils are available every day,
emulation helps a lot, and there are more window managers in the ports
collection than you can shake a stick at!

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher at adept.org>
To: spam-catcher at adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!