FreeBSD Revamped Look 'n' feel: Feedback appreciated!

Nigel Weeks nigel at e-easy.com.au
Tue Sep 16 20:22:04 PDT 2003

...expect criticism if you
> suggest replacing something and can't seem to do better.

I am the original poster, and that's not what I said.
I'm quite disgusted at how this thread has ended up. I'm sorry for ever
having the idea.

I never said the existing freebsd site was bad.
In fact, I made sure I said it clearly,and often, that it's great, it serves
it's purpose excellently, and I do not wish to replace it.

I did, however, say it's 'A HARD SELL' to non-technical, upper-management
people, who are used to flashy, whizz-bang sites.

An Alternative is what I had in mind, NOT A REPLACEMENT!!!

An alternative site tailored for those who need it, and specially set up so
you could point people who'd never heard of FreeBSD to it,with catchy
graphics(not overdone), and attractive layouts, so it feels like every other
high-end offering site out there.

I had a go. I wish I hadn't.

Maybe FreeBSD will stay the way it is, forever.

Thread Over.

N.