FreeBSD Revamped Look 'n' feel: Feedback appreciated!

John Von Essen essenz at essenz.com
Mon Sep 15 10:20:19 PDT 2003

My thoughts....

I agree that the current site has a very good layout and design,
especially the online docs.

However, I feel that a few little changes could go a long way. The FreeBSD
Logo could definitely use an upgrade/expansion/standardization. I am sure
there is a graphics firm out there that would do this work (at a high
caliber) for free - if they get a mention off the main page. And by
graphics firm I dont mean some guy with Photoshop.

Other little upgrades could be changes in Font/color. Also, the wording in
a few places could be re-done. For example, if you go to
fbsd.org/projects, it says "FreeBSD Development Projects". That makes it
sound like everything found on this page is a "FreeBSD Organization"
controlled project. But its not.... Many of the links go off to
third-party sites, those sites sometimes appear very "homebrew-ish".

-john