TechTV - FreeBSD v. Linux Shootout

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Sep 3 06:45:50 PDT 2003

Is it just me, or is every comment in that article pro-FreeBSD?  :-)

Even Don Marti, the Linux advocate, says that all of the userland
programs he likes are available on FreeBSD.

Nice work!

==ml

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 08:10:40PM -0700, Matt Olander wrote:
> Murray and I did the TechTV segment today. unfortunately, we didn't
> get a heck of alot of time, but it was certainly better than nothing ;)
>
> here's the article and I'm sure we'll get an avi posted soon.
> thanks everyone for all the suggestions and I wish we'd had more time
> to show off some of them.
>
> Murray, unless I'm mistaken, the linux guy must have fudged a bit at the
> end of the install because after we'd finished, his screen still showed
> like 35 minutes to go and then he immediately plugged in his laptop ;)
>
> http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/linux/story/0,24330,3511343,00.html
>
> cheers,
> -matt
>
> --
> Matt Olander
> (408)943-4100 Phone
> (408)943-4101 Fax
> www.offmyserver.com
> --
> "Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't"
> -Mark Twain

Michael Lucas		mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
Today's chance of throwing it all away to start a goat farm: 41.8%
           Absolute OpenBSD:   http://www.AbsoluteOpenBSD.com/