TextMaker for FreeBSD now also supports FreeBSD 5.x

Johnson David DavidJohnson at Siemens.com
Fri Oct 10 13:37:29 PDT 2003

On Thursday 09 October 2003 12:56 pm, Martin Kotulla wrote:

> As previously said, I am very interested in all kinds of feedback on
> TextMaker for FreeBSD.

I doesn't pop up instantly, as some reviews have said, but its certainly
is speedy. Much more so than OpenOffice. It handles the Word documents
floating around work just fine. It handles Word docs with tables better
than OO does.

I still need to sit down with it and do some real-world document
creation with it, but from what I can see so far, it's a bargain for
$50. I would use it instead of AbiWord, and if it does everything I use
OpenOffice for, I will probably buy it.

One wishlist: left/right pages (or page styles) would be extremely
useful for double sided printouts that need to be bound.

David

p.s. I'll still keep OpenOffice though, because I need the spreadsheet
and presentation software at work.

p.p.s. Does purchase of the software allow installation and usage at
both home and work by the same individual?