[bsdadvocacy] my bsdportal.org project

Anthony Chavez acc at bsdadvocacy.org
Thu Oct 9 08:48:47 PDT 2003

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 01:59:06 +0200 "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell at sitetronics.com> wrote:
> WRT the bsdevents.org and bsdadvocacy.org projects -- I've got links
> pointing your way ;). I'd actually like to see what's possible getting
> these "working together" in the sense that we can all contribute
> information between each other. I would, for instance, like to be able
> to put up some unique news relating to advocacy and/or events in the
> (Free)BSD community.

I'm not entirely sure what you're after, but I for one am open to just
about anything apart from being associated with any organization except
ourselves---I'd like to remain unbiased.

> To the bsdadvocacy list: are there sites I should be looking at (other
> than the obvious openbsd.org and netbsd.org and daemonnews.org sites)
> that contain information/news about the various BSD projects?

freebsd.org? ;-)

I would suggest combing through Google's BSD directory:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Unix/BSD/

> To everyone: what's the general thought about this? Totally
> unnecessary? (too bad, I'm doing it anyway ;)) Layout comments?

You may have the makings of a good site here.  I don't know of a single
site that simply catalogs all of the BSD resources out on the net, apart
From the obvious directories (Google, dmoz.org, Yahoo, etc.), which
could do a better job.  If you want my suggestion, you should consider
remaining unafilliated with any groups that could sway your opinion and
just provide good links and information.

But you knew that, right? ;-)

--
Anthony Chavez                                  The BSD Advocacy Project
mailto:acc at bsdadvocacy.org                   http://www.bsdadvocacy.org/