SCO goes after BSD?

Adam Turoff ziggy at panix.com
Thu Nov 20 11:39:35 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 06:22:46PM +0100, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> Seems like we will have to wait until at least 2004 to hear what SCO has to
> say :).

Seems like we will have to wait until at least 2004 to hear SCO's next
ploy to pump up its stock price and buttress its paper tigers.

If there were an angle to go after PalmOS, they'd do that too.  Their
strategy is to go after Anyone but Microsoft and threaten lawsuits unless
and until their claims are found to be baseless and without merit.

They're just arbitraging the legal system. By the time the courts arrive
at *ANY* conclusion, months will have passed where SCO is able to write
licenses to companies trying to minimize their risk exposure.

Z.