kernels' weight

.VWV. victorvittorivonwiktow at interfree.it
Sun May 25 18:15:25 PDT 2003

Hi to all.

I would like to post a question.
We know Linux is the son of the microkernel Minix. Linux kernel is simple and
light, but its compilation is complicate, owing to the need of a lot of
modules, and to the difference between several distributions. It is much
easier to compile a FreeBSD kernel, even if it needs some megabyte more. If
we can compress the kernel following the instruction on the Dossier books,
who cares of its original weight?
Once I know how to compile the FreeBSD kernel and how to write the file
'fstab', I can quite dominate my operating system - moreover, the
partitioning system is much more advanced -.
I'm running FreeBSD as the main administration of a pair of workstations. I
have no needs as for networks. Please forgive me if I'm writing from a dead
Linux installation, I have no time to learn the network commands on FreeBSD,
whilst building my complicate hardwares...
I have never liked the chaotic and competitive world of 'penguins', I'm proud
of learning the only unix with FreeBSD.

Live Berkeley or die

VITTORI