a public relations opportunity for BSD

.VWV. victorvittorivonwiktow at interfree.it
Sat May 17 15:53:40 PDT 2003

On Saturday 17 May 2003 02:07, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> To many people (Including Brian Kernighan), the SCO vs IBM case
> brought old memories from the BSD vs UNIX case. In the later
> case linux emerged so I tend to agree there is nothing to be
> happy about but I it is true that there is a good good PR
> opportunity there.
>
> Some miscellaneous thoughts I had... What will be the upgrade
> path for SCO's Linux users? What will IBM use to complete AIX
> now that their UNIX license will be revoked? For now I think
> both companies will run far away from free software, but FreeBSD
> is a viable option on both cases and if we had more people
> pointing our fundamental advantages we could see BSD growing
> even more.
>
> just my $0.02
>
>     Pedro.

Hi.

In my opinion, FreeBSD will remain the most orthodox unix ever, but used only
by an élite of perfectionists. I am proud and happy to loose my mind into
Amnesiac: I know behind it there is the work of the very best unix hands.
What others do, it's none of our business.

Live free - and perfectionist - or die

VITTORI