FreeBSD as the first 'standard' unix

.VWV. victorvittorivonwiktow at interfree.it
Fri Jun 13 15:52:55 PDT 2003

Hi to all.

It has been a problem for developers the infinite variety of unix versions.
Linux has reproposed the same problems.
FreeBSD gives us now the first chance of having a standard unix platform for
software developers. People of Net and Open versions must accept this matter
of fact in the next future.
When an operating system has always all of the libraries in the same place,
it will have the road open ahead.
The license of an university is the best warranty for the independence of
the basic operating system. Moreover, the hierarchical development of the
system guarantees a solid standard. The wide database of the 'ports' offers
an example.
I'm neither a programmer nor an expert of unix, but I can quite foresee,
FreeBSD will have a lot of success, day by day. It's only a question of
time: believe me, and I hope you'll repeat as much as you can, FreeBSD is
the unix for our future.
As for the main desktop environment, the matter is unfortunately open.

As always

VITTORI