Building a Supercomputer with FreeBSD tomorrow on TechTV at 4PM PST

Devon H.O'Dell dodell at sitetronics.com
Wed Dec 17 13:42:54 PST 2003

> I'll record it..  What's a good format for everyone?
> Eric

The show's in approximately two and a half hours -- Matt's headed off
right now. I want to confirm that you'll be able to record the show and
upload it to my server when you've gotten it ripped. Will you be able
to edit the commercials out and get the final DivX-encoded AVI to be
the relevant part, or are there other volunteers needed for this? :)

Eric: please contact me with a preferred username to upload the stream.

Additionally, I'm trying to get this accepted on Slashdot. Depending on
what they're doing, I may need a good few mirrors available rather
quickly after I get the release. Will people who are interested in
mirroring this file please contact me with information about their
mirror (i.e. location, speed, protocol, and directory path for which
the file will be available) so I can let you guys know first and have
you all mirror it before I release a list of all available mirrors? My
server is 100mbit -- after the last show, though, I had a steady stream
of 5Mbit for 3 or 4 days. So I'd like to emphasize that it would really
help if we could get the mirroring done in an organized fashion.

If you're interested in mirroring, again, please contact off-list with
your server location, speed, protocol for transfer and directory path
for which the file will be available. I know some of you have already
contacted me about mirroring it -- please contact me again with this
more detailed information.

For those concerned about legalities: last time, I was faced with no
problems. I also have permission from Matt to mirror this (while he may
not own the copyrights, he's pretty tight with the TechTV people). In
short: it's not a problem.

--Devon