FreeBSD, KDE and Me

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 10:27:12 PST 2003

--- Johnson David <DavidJohnson at Siemens.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen this link come through this list yet, so I'll
> clue you
> in. This article is written by a long time Mac user who spent
> a few
> weeks using FreeBSD/KDE as his desktop while his PowerBook was
> down.
> One of the best reviews for any OS I've seen in a long time.
>
> <http://e-scribe.com/osx/freebsd-kde-and-me/>

That is definitely a great article.  Very objective in the
criticisms and praises, author explains his background/biases,
admits to not being an expert, addresses the novice concerns.

I haven't used KDE for >2 years, maybe it's time to check it out
again.  This also reinforces my devious notion to get my wife on
a Unix box via Mac, then after that who knows....

=====