Brilliant and very useful for FreeBSD, IMHO

Johnson David DavidJohnson at Siemens.com
Tue Apr 8 13:38:35 PDT 2003

William Palfreman wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Johnson David wrote:
>

>>But when I hear stories of Lindow defaulting to a password-less root
>>login, I don't think that's the way we want to go.
>

> FreeBSD does that.  In fact, as I understand it, it is traditional for
> any new UNIX installation to default to a passwordless root login.

There is a big difference between the two. Lindows does not expect you
to ever set a root password or create a user account. There is no login
at all, as near as I can tell. It's a very different philosophy from
FreeBSD, where you're still expected to set the root password and create
a user account after the installation.

David