Brilliant and very useful for FreeBSD, IMHO

John Martinez rolnif at mac.com
Sun Apr 6 13:55:27 PDT 2003

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 12:47  PM, Peter wrote:

> Never said anything about changing the GUI, but it does need some
> work, its
> hard for normal users to get with it, but I never want to see it
> become some
> kind of X11 GUI, I can pretty much go through /stand/sysinstall in my
> sleep,
> and thats how I want it to stay.

I tend to agree with this.

The problem is that you are limited by the same GUI environments as
Linux and every other UNIX operating system.

Not that KDE is bad (I use it a lot still), but a FreeBSD desktop would
need something to make it "unique" and more appealing to the normal
user. Lots of eye candy. Or else, why would somebody choose DesktopBSD
over one of the many desktop Linux distributions?

I prefer BSD myself, and that's one of the reasons I went with a Mac
with OS X.

-john