Thinkpad T495

LuMiWa lumiwa at dismail.de
Sat Apr 17 19:42:50 UTC 2021

Hi!

I have installed FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE on Thinkpad T495 and I have a
problem with very fast battery draining. I bought used laptop but on
Windows 10 were not battery problem, than I wipe them and installed
FreeBSD-13-RC5 which was good too but now on RELEASE is battery
problem. I have the same settings as I had on RC5.

 acpiconf -i 0
Design capacity:	50450 mWh
Last full capacity:	46930 mWh
Technology:		secondary (rechargeable)
Battery Swappable Capability:	Non-swappable
Design voltage:		11520 mV
Capacity (warn):	2346 mWh
Capacity (low):		200 mWh
Cycle Count:		87
Mesurement Accuracy:	95 %
Max Average Interval:	1000 ms
Min Average Interval:	500 ms
Low/warn granularity:	-1 mWh
Warn/full granularity:	-1 mWh
Model number:		5B10W139
Serial number:		 4773
Type:			LiP
OEM info:		SMP
State:			charging
Remaining capacity:	19%
Remaining time:		unknown
Present rate:		43871 mW
Present voltage:	12327 mV

In /etc/rc.conf
clear_tmp_enable="YES"
syslogd_flags="-ss"
hostname="lumiwa.farm.net"
ifconfig_re1="DHCP"
# ifconfig_ue0="DHCP"
# wlans_iwm0="wlan0"
# ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
unbound_enable="YES"
unbound_anchorflags="-4"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/ipfw.rules"
firewall_quiet="YES"
firewall_logdeny="YES"
firewall_logging="YES"
sshd_enable="NO"
# ntpdate_enable="YES"
update_motd="NO"
powerd_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_user"
dbus_enable="YES"
webcamd_enable="YES"
openntpd_enable="YES"
smartd_enable="YES"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="YES"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="YES"
cupsd_enable="YES"
clamav_clamd_enable="YES"
clamav_freshclam_enable="YES"
kld_list="amdgpu"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="NO"
CPU information

Machine class:	amd64
CPU Model:	AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3500U w/ Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

In /boot/loader.conf I have:
security.bsd.allow_destructive_dtrace=0
cuse_load="YES"
amdtemp_load="YES"
# acpi_ibm_load="YES"
cpuctl_load="YES"
loader_logo="beastie"
cc_cubic_load="YES"
# machdep.hyperthreading_allowed="0"

If I load acpi_ibm than I got a message: driver bug: Unable to set
devclass (class: ppc devname: (unknown))

Sometimes when I boot a laptop I got acpi_ec0: no response to 0x 84
acpi_ec0: GPE query filed: AE-NO-HARDWARE RESPONSE

I do not know what information will be helpful.

Thank you.

--
“We live in a world where there is more and more information, and less
and less meaning.”

Jean Baudrillard