ML210G-50 repeated dmesg entries / high CPU

Steve B stevebb16 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 07:03:10 UTC 2020

Hi,

Product info: https://www.onlogic.com/ml210g-50/ on latest bios.  This is a
new system for me, and this problem has occurred since I got it.  During
boot and after, the following messages are logged repeatedly:

Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure looking up [\134_GPE._L11.FEMD],
AE_NOT_FOUND (20171214/psargs-503)
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \134_GPE._L11, AE_NOT_FOUND
(20171214/psparse-677)
ACPI Error: AE_NOT_FOUND, while evaluating GPE method [_L11]
(20171214/evgpe-794)

This is causing high CPU usage.  I can't seem to boot the system with ACPI
disabled.

"sysctl hw.acpi"
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C2
hw.acpi.reset_video: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 1
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: NONE
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S4
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S4 S5

acpidump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bydpPtBqJr0jxPu8EvKWvH7OEpy_Kaqz

If I can provide more data I'd be happy to.  It's a cool little fanless
system.

Thanks,
Steve