Shivaprashanth H shivprashanth.h at globaledgesoft.com
Tue Mar 26 18:55:53 UTC 2019

Yes ?

________________________________
From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:24:17 AM
To: Peter Jeremy
Cc: Shivaprashanth H; freebsd-acpi at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: loading the coredump file to memory

... is someone trying to make suspend-to-disk work? :)

-adrian

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 11:45, Peter Jeremy <peter at rulingia.com<mailto:peter at rulingia.com>> wrote:
On 2019-Mar-26 13:16:40 +0000, Shivaprashanth H <shivprashanth.h at globaledgesoft.com<mailto:shivprashanth.h at globaledgesoft.com>> wrote:
>using sysctl debug.kdb.panic=1 command, panic can be simulated which results in system reboot and writing of system context(ram snapshot?) to a file vmcore.x in /var/crash
>
>my question is, will it be possible to load this file back into memory?

If you mean, can you take the crashdump and turn it back into a running system,
no that's not possible.  Maybe if you explain what your objective is, we might
be able to make suggestions.

(And, I'm not sure how this relates to ACPI).
--
Peter Jeremy
Disclaimer: "This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to other confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. Please notify the sender by e-mail and delete this message. GlobalEdge does not accept any liability for virus infected mails."