ACPI Dock/Undock events?

Alexandr Matveev timon at timon.net.nz
Sat Feb 27 08:11:10 UTC 2016

On 26.02.2016 23:37, Tom Sparks wrote:
> I'm trying to find information about whether acpi_ibm has info on
> dock/undock events or status; It looks like the answer is no.
> This would be pretty handy to have available.
>
> Before I start trying to figure out how to add this, just wanted to check
> and see if anyone else had worked on this.

Hello,

Look at acpi_dock kernel module

# kldload acpi_dock
$ sysctl dev.acpi_dock.0.status
dev.acpi_dock.0.status: 0

$ egrep 'define.*STATUS' /usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_dock.c
#define ACPI_DOCK_STATUS_UNKNOWN        -1
#define ACPI_DOCK_STATUS_UNDOCKED       0
#define ACPI_DOCK_STATUS_DOCKED         1

--
Aleksandr Matveev