Regarding Wake On USB input from S3 Sleep

Hans Petter Selasky hps at selasky.org
Thu Feb 11 06:59:17 UTC 2016

On 02/11/16 07:36, Dee Zay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
> What are the issues if the HC remains powered on during suspend/resume?
> Is this something not to be resolved in the near future?

Hi,

There is no issue with suspend as I'm aware.

The problem is resume, that we would like to completely reset the HC and
re-start enumeration and not use the handover from the BIOS.

You should also check what the BIOS is doing when it sees a HC which is
different modes when entering suspend.

USB code is here: sys/dev/usb/controller/{ehci.c,uhci.c,ohci.c,xhci.c}

--HPS