Problems with CPU throttling on HP 15-n066us laptop

am_dxer at fastmail.fm am_dxer at fastmail.fm
Sat Aug 20 13:50:24 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016, at 09:14 AM, Anthony Jenkins wrote:
> Try this patch, that's what I'm running.
I applied this patch to the latest 11 source and built my kernel and now
I have cpu throttling on the AMD machine. I see the Cool'n'Quiet 2.0
driver attach and have frequencies in dev.cpu. The fans now run at a
much lower speed and I am saving upwards of 4 watts when running on
battery power. Thank you so much for this patch and to everyone else for
the suggestions on this issue. It is such a great feeling to know that
now I can use FreeBSD on my new laptop.