brightness control stopped working

aeuii at posteo.de aeuii at posteo.de
Tue Oct 27 21:34:01 UTC 2015

Hello freebsd-acpi@,

I have lenovo ThinkPad Edge E145 laptop and the LCD brightness control
stopped working somewhere between 10.2-RELEASE and 10.2-RELEASE-p6.

I used to adjust the brightness using Fn-☼- and Fn-☼+ buttons and it
always worked (during boot, in X, text console).  Now, it works only
in the loader, before the system boots.

I tried alternative methods listed below, but non had any effect.

Please help! ;)

Thank you in advance,
Stefan

** acpi_call

acpi_call -v -p '\VBRU'

Number of arguments: 0
ioctl: Device not configured

no effect

** acpi_ibm

sysctl dev.acpi_ibm.0.lcd_brightness=7

values change, but no effect

** acpi_video

sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness=50
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness: 50 -> #

no effect

pressing Fn+(sun)+- buttons has no effect, but logs:

can't evaluate \134_SB_.PCI0.VGA_.LCD_._BQC - AE_NOT_FOUND