ACPI support - Freebsd 10 on Sony Vaio VPCCA3C5E

Daniele Mazzotti kappei84 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:58:19 UTC 2014

Hello there,

@Kevin: Yes, I can see some disk activity but I cannot login to a ssh
console as the daemon is not running and I do not have any other PC other
than this one  in my apartment. I usually have a graphical session on F9
and I tend to suspend the PC from a root terminal. As my video card is not
detected and I was very lazy, I decided to go for Vesa drivers. I do not
know if I am running NEW_XORG. if I suppose so as I compiled Xorg three
months ago, is it enough to check the make config to figure this out?

@Vladislav: I have just one question regarding your's. If I remove VESA
from my kernel how can I run X in vesa mode? Is it still possible or the
kernel module is not related with the Xorg funcionality at all, therefore
is it safe to remove it?

Cheers,
Daniele.