ACPI support - Freebsd 10 on Sony Vaio VPCCA3C5E

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Jul 16 05:20:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:47:44 +0200, Daniele Mazzotti wrote:
 > Hi Ian,
 >
 > I have just rebooted the PC after turning the deep debug on. Here is the
 > output: http://pastebin.com/H61zJhqc. It is very likely that the dmesg has
 > been cut due to the large amount of output. Is there any way to have it all?
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Daniele.

>From the boot menu you can drop to the loader, and enter something like:
  set kern.msgbufsize=120000
  boot
where the default is about 64K these days, I think.

However I couldn't spot anything further regarding 'battery|BAT0', and
you did catch the start of initialisation.  I'm out of my depth, but you
might also try layer 'ACPI_EC' with high verbosity?

You shoudn't need to reboot to try things now that ACPI_DEBUG is enabled
in your kernel; you can adjust them on the fly.  From section 11.16.6 on
the acpi-debug page:

"If the information you want is triggered by a specific event (say, a
suspend and then resume), you can leave out changes to loader.conf and
instead use sysctl to specify the layer and level after booting and
preparing your system for the specific event. The sysctls are named the
same as the tunables in loader.conf."

So you could avoid all the boot messages, if they're not helpful, and
log events like switching from AC to battery and vice versa, which might
trigger interrogating the battery (via the EC, probably), by adjusting
those sysctls, just for an example:

root# sysctl debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_EC ACPI_BATTERY ACPI_AC_ADAPTER"
root# sysctl debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_VERBOSITY3"

But I'm just stabbing in the dark, really .. good luck.

cheers, Ian