HP Laptop Suspend/Resume Question

Jason Selwitz jselwitz at verizon.net
Sat Mar 30 14:17:15 UTC 2013

Hello, I had gotten some advice from you guys a while back about a Dell
Laptop and was able to get everything working, so I thought I would run
this by you and see if anyone had any recommendations.
For starters the system in question is an HP Elitebook 2530p running
Freebsd 9.1 Release, and while I must state that prior to upgrading to
9.1, suspend/resume worked perfectly under 9.0 however now I can
suspend/resume successfully only once after the system has been powered
up, and everything connected to the system seems to come up and function
properly but any subsequent suspend actions start to work and then seem
to lock the system at what appears to be when it is trying to suspend
any usb devices or possibly just after shutting down usb. I will happily
provide any output to whomever might be interested in lending a hand,
thanks again in advance..

JAson