Resume on a Thinkpad L512

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sat Jun 29 16:40:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:50:06 -0700, matt wrote:

 > Try kldunloading any loaded kernel modules including usb. You may need
 > to compile a more modular kernel.

On 8 (.1 and .2) I only had to leave uhci, ohci and ehci (not usb) out
of kernel and load / unload those around suspend/resume, but that's no
longer needed on 9 here.

 > Does suspend/resume work for anyone?

Likely not very exciting news for most, but my '02 Thinkpad T23 reliably
suspends and resumes since 9.1-R with zero configuration.  Haven't tried
it yet with X, might need hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1 for that
as 6.x, 7.x and 8.x always required, but that's an old S3 Savage video,
with working IBM-written ACPI/BIOS.

More modern video chips and drivers seem to be far more problematic, not
to mention slightly dodgy ACPI code ..

cheers, Ian