Revisiting FPU context resume on i386

Taku YAMAMOTO taku at tackymt.homeip.net
Mon Jul 15 22:06:06 UTC 2013

Hi all,

sys/i386/i386/swtch.s have a big FIX ME in resumectx()
and I have occationally got bitten by it; resulting in SIGFPE disasters.

After cursory looking around FPU context, I think it's the simplest way
to set CR0_TS on resumectx() and to let npxdna() DTRT lazilly.

Attached is the mods that I'm currently using without a problem at the moment.
It at least doesn't interact with normal resume operations badly.

Ah, of cource, we have a choice to throw i386 away and get on amd64,
but at least I won't because I'd miss VOCALOIDs running on wine/i386 :)

--
-|-__   YAMAMOTO, Taku
 | __ <     <taku at tackymt.homeip.net>

      - A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs. -