No keyboard after Suspend/Resume

Jason Selwitz jselwitz at verizon.net
Fri Jan 11 16:22:51 UTC 2013

Thought I would shoot off a quick detail of my setup, maybe this will
help shed more light on the issue..

firstly this system is a Laptop, in a docking station, the keyboard is
connected to the docking station via both the PS/2 port and a USB
connection, it can also be set up to use 2 USB connections (perhaps the
PS/2 connection is not coming back fully after a suspend/resume cycle).
however after a little more testing after a resume, even the laptops
built in keyboard does not respond though I am able to pull the ps2
connection remove the adapter and connect it to a USB port and have the
keyboard work again, though if the keyboard is in a USB port during the
suspend/resume I see the system reattaching the keyboard but it does not
allow text input until it is physically unplugged then reconnected. I'll
keep trying a few things and send any interesting debug info that I come
across.. thanks again to all..

Jason