Dell acpi_video patch

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 20 13:38:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Oh, no, I hadn't been able to tell from your ASL that bit 16 was set (it's
> not that easy to guess as it computes the ID's dynamically at runtime.

I see.

> I was merely guessing that since I had changed the matching logic to look at
> bit 31 that that was the cause,

Oh, no, it wasn't working before too, it just changed from "crt" to
"out" because of your change (which makes sense).

> but it wasn't the matching logic that was
> different (comparing _ADR to _DOD), but the logic that parsed _DOD is what
> treated your laptop differently.

So, just to be sure, you don't need any other information from me,
right? I don't think, by the way, that a list of known non-standard
configurations is worth being added to the code for this issue.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla