Dell acpi_video patch

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 19 22:24:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> I considered that, but 1) it wouldn't help your laptop, and 2) the ACPI 3.0b
> spec where bit 31 is added specifically states (in the Note 3 I included in
> my prior e-mail) that 0x110 is the only valid legacy ID.

Sure, it wasn't about my laptop, but a general consideration; also
spec 5.0 lists only 0x0110, so it's better to stick to the spec as you
say. By the way, I think the name of devices is not used anywhere
(apart for an X.Org piece of code which I'm going to patch), so it's
not important.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla