How can I help with thinkpad x220 issues?

Natacha Porté natbsd at instinctive.eu
Wed Jul 4 07:37:20 UTC 2012

Hello,

on Tuesday 03 July 2012 at 23:51, Ian Smith wrote:
>  > > > > $ sysctl dev.acpi_ibm
>  > > >
>  > > > I do not have anything with IBM or Lenovo.
>
> Is this a Thinkpad model that shows no benefits from loading acpi_ibm?

As said elsewhere, its identifier is LEN0068 instead if IBM0068, so a
non-patched acpi_ibm fails to bind.

However once patched, I can see it bind and provide sysctls. I don't
know the extent of what acpi_ibm is supposed to do, but I have to admit
I haven't noticed any benefit besides the added sysctls and the control
offered by those which actually work (e.g. switching wifi, bluetooth or
thinklight).

Natacha Porté