acpi shows wrong battery state

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Fri Sep 3 16:03:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Andriy Gapon wrote:
 > on 03/09/2010 17:51 Ian Smith said the following:
 > > +acpi_ec0: warning: EC done before starting event wait
 >
 > Well, it's messages of these kind that led me to suggest the patch.
 > Perhaps, for some reason, in this case EC has response ready before we expect it.

Ok, well if I'm reading this right, acpi_ec0 definitely seems to have
failed the first time on 8.0, but succeeded with a warning later.  I
know you suggested not mixing the issues, but re kern/147858 you said:

 > I guess that I "broke" this driver when I removed second pass of
 > probe+attach of acpi bus children, but it is the driver that should
 > be fixed.

.. so I can't help wondering if it was this second pass that you removed
that may have fluked succeeding (with warning) on 8.0 on this machine?

Please tell me to shutup and swim when I'm too far out of my depth :)

cheers, Ian