ACPI disables USB ports on Lenovo X200

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Sun May 30 19:01:50 UTC 2010

Damian Gerow wrote:
: : > : Yup.  I couldn't remember if hw.usb.debug was a blanket statement for
: : > : hw.usb*debug, so I also set hw.usb.ehci.debug, hw.usb.ohci.debug,
: : > : hw.usb.dev.debug, and hw.usb.ums.debug to 1.
: : >
: : > For kicks, I just booted a kernel without any USB support at all, and
: : > experience the same symptoms: the mouse is functional (well, appears to be,
: : > anyhow) when the boot loader is active, but goes dark around when ACPI
: : > starts to do its thing.
: :
: : Please also try to experiment with hw.pci.usb_early_takeover.
:
: No love on that one, either: the mouse turns off at the same point in the
: boot sequence.

<egg=on face>

Trying a few other things, I tried to boot a GENERIC kernel.  Everything works
just fine.  Though the mouse (and USB keys) still turn off shortly after
ACPI gets going, they turn back on when the USB stack initializes, so it's
not really an issue.

Specifically, it seems that at some point in time, I accidentally changed
'device uhci' to 'device ohci'.

Whoops.

Sorry for the noise, folks.

</egg>