ASUS M4N78-VM standby issues

Ramon de Klein mail at ramondeklein.nl
Sun May 9 17:49:51 UTC 2010

I have an ASUS M4N78-VM mainboard using an AMD X2 240e CPU. FreeBSD works
like a charm, but I cannot get standby/resume to work. When I switch to S1
(acpiconf -s 1), then the system locks up and the screen blanks after a few
seconds. The system still uses the same power (around 75W) as during normal
operation and I guess the drives also keep spinning. The other modes have
the same result. Of course I went through the ACPI debugging page and I got
the following errormessage when dumping the ASL:

*acpidump: RSDT entry 3 (sig OEMB) is corrupt*

There is also an invalid name in de ASL, because when I recompile it, then
it complains about a name that doesn't follow the coding convention (the
name starts with an asterix, which is probably not allowed). I also tried to
switch to "Windows 2006" mode, because there are some hints to that in the
ASL, but it doesn't make a difference. I have savedthe kernel messages,
hw.acpi configuration and the ASL. You can find these files on
http://www.ramondeklein.nl/Download/acpi.zip. Hope somebody can help me out.

Best regards,
Ramon de Klein